Thursday, March 29, 2012

toby, part II

Possible alternate or further endings to this story:

Ending #1:

Two days later, Kevin, another kid from the neighborhood, told me that Mr. Harbaugh had paid him to feed Toby while they were on vacation. “He didn’t thank me or pay me or anything!” I’d already spent the five dollars. I patted his shoulder consolingly.

Ending #2:

There was no Kevin. Toby lived on toilet water. That is all.

Ending #3:

Kevin was hired to feed Toby but didn’t do it. Sharing more with Kevin Spacey than just his first name, he had starved Toby while giving triple rations to the Shannons’ dog Mitzy, who was found bloated and unable to fit through her pet door to relieve herself. Later, there was a terrible scene involving Mrs. Starkweather’s cat and a very small cardboard box.

No comments:

Post a Comment